Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Omnipotence

This morning I went into Grace's room and she was sitting on her bed "reading" this:


It's a fabulous little catechism that is recommended by John Piper. Grace has been memorizing it and she loves it. So this morning when I walked in, she started asking me the questions. "Mommy, Who is God? Who wrote the Bible? Why did God make you?" And then, "Good girl, Mommy!" when I answered correctly.

Then she asked, "Where is God?"

"God is everywhere," I said.

She looked up at me. "Why is God everywhere?" (This is not a question from her book. And she's really not that philosophical. She's just three and likes to ask 'why.')

"Well," I said. "Because He is God. He can do anything. He has all the power."

She gave me a knowing look. "No, Mommy. Tanesco has all the power."

Ah. Tanesco. That would be the power company. Obviously a common topic of conversation in our house.



Post a Comment