Thursday, December 30, 2010

Meet Maggie


Maggie is a senior at HOPAC.  She joined last year, but her parents live three hours away.  Since HOPAC is not a boarding school, she found a girls' hostel to live in.  We found out this year through the grapevine that this was a really negative situation for her.

So we prayed and thought and decided to convert our garage into a bedroom, and invite her to live with us.  She moved in, about a month ago.  She is awesome.  She is kind and helpful and loves our kids.  She is very, very smart--scoring perfect SAT scores in math and physics, and wants to attend MIT to study aerospace engineering.  Yeah, I help her with her homework all the time.  Ha.

Grace says, "Mommy, I REALLY want my little sister to come home [Yeah, me too, Sweetie!] but I also wanted a big sister and now I have one!"  Blessings all around for all of us.
Post a Comment