Saturday, June 8, 2013

Thanks, Guys.

 
Dear Blog Readers,
 
Hi.  I really like you guys. 
 
I love writing.  And you guys read what I write.  So...thank you!
 
I have been doing a lot of shopping lately.  We have a lot of people to thank, and a lot of birthdays and other holidays coming up in America. 
 
But while I was doing all that shopping, I also thought of you guys, my readers. 
 


 
 
So I bought you these.  Do you like them?  They are boxes carved in Zanzibar style, which is my favorite type of carving here. 
 

I know, I know, there are only two.  And I think there are about 200 of you.  I couldn't buy 200 boxes. 

So......we're going to do a drawing!  Ooooooh...I'm so excited.

All you have to do is leave a comment.  (I'll tell you how to do that below.)

There are a couple of reasons I am doing this:

1.  I want to thank you for sticking with my blog.

2.  Because I want to know who you are.  If I have a real-life conversation with you in America, it really helps me to know if you are reading my blog.  Because, well, then I know that you know me.  It's kind of weird, actually, to think that you know me so well and I don't know you nearly as well.  But still good to know. 

So would you tell me who you are? 

This is the deal:

Leave a comment and tell me you are reading my blog.  You can do this one of two ways:

If you have a gmail account or blogger account, just sign in with that username. 

If you do not have a gmail account, then you can leave an anonymous comment.  How will I know who you are, you ask?  Well....sign your name after your comment!  Then the anonymous comment won't be anonymous anymore....crazy how that works.

If I don't know you, would you please let me know how you found my blog? 

And if the whole comment thing is just too technological for you, then just send me an email and tell me that you read my blog. 

I will wait about a week, put all the names into a hat, and let you know the winners!

I am willing to send these boxes anywhere in the world. 

Oh, one more thing.  If you live in East Africa and already have a half dozen Zanzibar boxes in your house, then if I choose your name, I will send you a bag of American candy of your choice!

Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment